If you are about to shell out for your dream vacation and plan to stay at one of the most luxurious accommodations in the world, wouldn’t it be nice to have a bit of insurance that you will get everything you pay for? Of course, no one likes to invite discord into their life by planning for bad things to happen. When excited and planning your vacation, it can be easy to disregard potential troubles along the way, with an ‘it can’t happen to me’ or ‘it won’t happen here’ attitude. This little bit of negligence can end up costing a small fortune, so lets explore a few scenarios of the importance of having an insurance prior to booking that luxury villa or vacation rental that you desire.
1. Interrupted Stay – Lets say you get to your destination, spend a few glorious days in paradise until the phone rings. It’s Matthew from corporate, and there’s been a major fire in one of your distribution warehouses. You’ll need to fly out the next day to take care of business, but what about your accommodations which you’ve already paid for? If you opted to get an insurance, you can rest easy knowing you’ll be reimbursed for the unused portion of your stay.
2. Cancelled Trip – Just a few days before its time to embark on your well-planned and paid-for vacation, you learn of a major storm approaching your tropical destination. It doesn’t seem like a good idea to tempt Mother Nature, so you decide you’ll have to cancel until things look a little more hospitable. Did you opt for cancellation insurance? If so, your choice of cancellation won’t leave you having paid for a trip you can’t take. Insurance can be a great way to open yourself up to greater freedom in your travel plans.
3. Guarantee Non-compliance of The Leased Premises – You arrive to a gorgeous, breath-taking destination which defies even the greatest tales you had heard of it. Everything is beyond your wildest dreams until you reach your accommodations, which you find nothing like the advertising at all. Instead of staying in squalor, quality insurance packages offer “non-compliance” insurance which reimburses guests if the accommodations are not up to standard and may even cover fees for hotels.
4. Cover Against Direct Financial Loss Resulting from Dishonest or Fraudulent Actions – Taking the kids to one of your favorite destinations, you rent an old haunt which always seemed like a nice place. Upon arriving, you are greeted by people who have already rented the place! You have been the victim of a dishonest or fraudulent agent, which can seriously ruin an otherwise great trip. Insurance will be able to cover you financially, so at least you aren’t out hard earned cash and can hopefully recover your trip.
5. Resort Liability – Enjoying your trip, everything has gone perfectly according to plan until just before the end of your stay. While you’re out enjoying some elegant cuisine, a gas fire incinerates your private villa. Fortunately no one was hurt, but a bunch of your possessions are lost to the flames – not to mention you’re out a place to stay. Insurance can, again, come to the aid to recoup the cost of destroyed goods and cover the cost of new accommodations. In the event of injury, further coverage may be provided.
This has been a brief overview of the many possible reasons insurance can save a trip gone sour, or one that never made it off the ground. There is plenty that can go wrong, but instead of worrying about it, let quality insurance keep your investment in a great time safe!
Searching for a luxury villa rental? Read this article – Easy Way to Find a Luxury Villa Rental Anywhere in the World.