Everyone looks forward to a tropical vacation on a beautiful island, but the logistics of the actual vacation can be a headache. There are tons and tons of choices when it comes to accommodation, and choosing the best one is extremely essential. Where you plan to stay can be a make-it-or-break-it situation – choose the wrong villa or hotel and your holiday can be a disaster. But when you choose the accommodation that suits all of your needs and wants, then it’s a match made in heaven.
So what type of luxury villas & holiday homes do you want to stay in for your much-awaited vacation? Here are the pros and cons between a beachfront and a hilltop villa for your holiday.
- Direct Access to the Beach – Beachfront villas like in Koh Samui, Thailand are located right on the beach, where the sea and sand are just a few steps away. Imagine waking up to the sun rising on the horizon, with the beautiful shades of dawn right at your feet. Want to take that evening stroll on the beach? You can do so without having to worry about going down some steps or being out of view from everyone else. If you want the breeze of the ocean and the beach right outside your door, then a beachfront villa is for you.
- Family-Friendly – Compared to hilltop villas situated on cliffs and hilltops, beachfront villas are located on ground level – which makes it easier for children and elders to roam around. Children can play on the sand while you lounge under a gazebo in the property, and you can easily enjoy a broad range of activities without having to walk for several minutes before getting to the beach.If you want to ride a kayak, only walk a few steps, and you’re in the water. Or if you wish to play beach volleyball, you can simply do so on a whim.
- Easy Access – Since beachfront villas are located on ground level, getting to and from the villa are relatively easy. You can commute right outside the villa, go to the market, and just explore the area without having to worry about getting back.
- Convenient for Watersports Lovers – Obviously the ocean is just right in front of you, thus, making beachfront villas an ideal place for those who would love to be close to their favorite water sports and be able to do it anytime.
- Limited Views – The only view you’ll get with beachfront villas is the beach. A spectacular view of the sky and sea from an elevated position can be calming and relaxing – but you can’t have them with a beachfront villa.
- Less Privacy – If the villa is located on a public beach area, you cannot avoid people or nearby residence to pass by or swim in front of the villa’s beach, especially in a country where all beaches are declared public by the Government.
- Unbelievable Views – A hilltop villa will give you spectacular views that a beachfront villa can never provide. You get to see the mountains, the vast ocean, the lush jungle, and even the shapes and forms of nearby islands. If you want a panoramic view, hilltop villas are best for you.
- Complete Privacy – Since the villa is located high up on a mountain or cliff, the chances of having neighbors is very slim. Hilltop Villas offer a serene and private location for guests who want privacy and seclusion – perfect for a rejuvenating vacation.
- Close to Nature – Green lush jungle surrounds most of the hilltop villas, but not forgetting the spectacular views of the ocean. It is ideal for people who need a total body and soul retreat – do yoga & meditation, get a relaxing massage, and simply relax and be at peace.
- May Not Be Suitable for Children – Depending on the villa’s design and architecture, reaching some of the hilltop villas may require guests to climb a few steps, which can be dangerous for kids and impossible for elders. Also, swimming pools are typically located on the edges of cliffs for spectacular views that may unfortunately also be unsafe for little children. You’ll have to check regularly on your kids to make sure they’re not going to places where they shouldn’t be.
- Difficult Access – If you want to do some sudden shopping, you’d have to make transportation arrangements beforehand. Hilltop villas are located in secluded areas for their privacy, and sadly if you’re the type who can’t stay in one place for too long, they’re not the best choice for you.