Any bride or groom considering a wedding venue is looking for a place that is both suitable and inspirational. Renting a luxury villa, whether cliff top, in the countryside, or right by the beach, ticks all the boxes for so many reasons. Here are just a few:
1. Private location: Couples are often in their own world when it comes to their Wedding Day, yet still want to enjoy the Big Day without having to share the occasion with the world at large. Weddings are intimate declarations of love and feel all the sweeter when expressed in private locations.
2. Spectacular space: Luxury villas can be grand architectural gestures; contemporary design beauties; ravishing retreats; and wonderfully relaxing oases. Think wide open spaces with high ceilings and that all-important ‘wow’ factor.
3. Relaxed ambiance: The privacy of a luxury villa rental, whether in Thailand or Bali, means guests can truly relax. Wedding-friendly villas are ideal for small gatherings where all the guests are staying at the villa or grander occasions with invites for the day only.
4. Picture perfect: What is a wedding party without exquisite photographs? A luxury villa is a stunning backdrop to a celebration of love and the perfect venue to pose for snaps. If a picture paints a thousand words, then a luxury villa portrays a thousand more about living life to the full and the beauty of celebrating love and happiness.
5. Divine views: Look out to the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Thailand from a hilltop luxury villa in Koh Samui or the blue Andaman Sea aloft a cliff top abode in Phuket. Watch sunsets in Bali from floor-to-ceiling windows and poolside bales. Mesmerizing views add a magical quality to an already special day.
6. Luxury stays: For the happy couple, a luxury villa is perfect for relaxing before the special wedding party, during the event, and afterward too. King size marriage beds usually come with inspiring views and private terraces too.
7. Outdoor space: Possibly one of the most appealing aspects of a luxury villa wedding celebration is the allure of the outdoor lifestyle it creates. Infinity pools sparkle, as do poolside bars, lounge seating, and sala dining tables as well as gardens, rooftop decks, and al fresco terraces to appreciate sunny days and starry nights.
8. Indoor comforts: Aside from high-end design, luxury island villas welcome wedding parties with comfy sofas and fully-equipped kitchens and spacious living areas. Many boast games rooms, state-of-the-art gyms, spas, and even cinemas.
9. Spectacular services: Wedding caterers, as well as wedding planners, and even performers and entertainers can all be on hand to ensure nuptials run smoothly and are memorable with luxury services on hand.
Tips: Before booking, it is important that you inform the villa owners or managers regarding the purpose of your stay at the villa. If you plan to hold a wedding or any event, you must let them know before confirming your booking, as event fees may apply. Some villas also do not accept weddings or limit the number of guests allowed at the villa during an event. Communicate openly with the villa owners and managers/concierge to avoid interruption of your stay or event plans.
Photo by: Sandra Aberg | Wedding Planner: The Wedding Bliss | Villa: Ocean’s 11 Phuket